gen_10.1.gif  

About
Railway Station
Hayburn Wyke Inn
Scarborough Accom..
Whitby Accomm....
Cottages
Coastal Places
Local Interest
Site Map



Railway Station

Hayburn Wyke Railway Station was a railway station on the Scarborough & Whitby Railway some 7 miles north of Scarborough.

It opened on 16 July 1885, and served the popular local beauty spot of Hayburn Wyke, and the Hayburn Wyke Hotel.

It was rebuilt in 1900, and closed temporarily on 1 March 1917.  Reopening took place on 2 May 1921 before final, permanent closure on 8 March 1965.  From 1955 the station was reduced to an unstaffed halt.